We, the civil society organisations that have come together as THIRST will:
- Strive together and separately to promote the goals of THIRST, collaborating wherever joint action and a strong, unified civil society voice is likely to help achieve those goals
- Share information, knowledge and – where appropriate – resources to facilitate the achievement of the goals of THIRST, ensuring that this is done in such a way that will not compromise the work or reputation of any participating organisation.
- In pursuing our primary goal of improving the lives of tea workers, tea farmers and their families, recognise that each stakeholder in the tea sector is part of a complex, interdependent economic and social ecosystem and act accordingly.
- Both challenge and support companies and governments in delivering their responsibilities as outlined in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights to protect, respect and provide remedy to tea workers and communities affected by global supply chains
- Work together to ensure that tea workers’ and farmers’ representatives take their rightful place at the discussion table and that their voice is heard by actors along global supply chains.
- Respect each other’s goals and ways of working and avoid acting in any way that undermines other THIRST members or their work.